Many sightings, but officials still searching for Michael Porter Jr.

“I’m going to do everything I can for the Tigers,” said Stephanie McGuire. “If that means staying out all night, then I’ll stay out all night. I’ve done it before for much worse reasons.”

McGuire tacked another poster to a telephone pole near the lot where By George nightclub used to be.

“My uncle Brad told me this is where people used to get lost, so I stop by here once a day and put up new posters,” Culbertson said. “A freshman told me they saw MPJ here, but I’m not sure he wasn’t high.”

Culbertson, a junior from Lee’s Summit, is a volunteer for the Missouri Alumni Association and part of a multi-agency effort to find the still-missing Michael Porter Jr.

Porter has been missing since November 10 where he was last seen at Mizzou Arena smiling and pretending he was part of the Missouri Tiger basketball team. Though Mizzou officials have offered a litany of explanations, there have been no verified sightings since that night.

University of Missouri Police spokesman, Martin Wyatt, said officers have no reason to believe Porter is in danger. Asked if he meant that there was no suspicion of foul play, Wyatt replied, “I didn’t say that. I said we don’t think he’s in danger. Foul play? That will be for another agency to decide.”

Wyatt refused more questions, saying he was out of time and had an appointment with a “specialist” at 10pm.

Across town, City of Columbia Police continue to search for any sign that Porter is still in Columbia.

“Oh, yeah, it’s like Elvis,” Chief Ken Burton said. “Some grandma saw him at Shakes. My dispatcher swore she spotted at the Winery. At least six people have offered the exact same statement:

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Porter pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

“So yeah, we’re still pretty clueless.”

The Missouri Tigers basketball teamed pulled off a squeaker against D2 school Emporia State Monday night at Mizzou Arena. Officials said they were even more worried after that game than they were a week ago.

Chief Burton said, “We took several thousand Missing Persons reports just last night. Seems no one has seen most of the Mizzou fans since Porter went missing. I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but it’s looking more and more like a conspiracy.”

Meanwhile Stephanie Culbertson said she would not rest until Porter returns to the Mizzou bench.

“This is pretty much my last chance of having any positive memories about my school’s sports teams,” Culbertson said, “and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let anything other than the 2018 NBA draft take that away from me.”

Have something to say?